This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the work I put into this site!
A person who can can’t make decisions is truly putting their business and life on hold. The inability to make decisions causes lackluster results in areas that are most important including your goals.
Learn how to be a decision-maker with this entrepreneur motivation and mindset advice from Dai Manuel.
How to Become a Decision Maker
In this interview with author and lifestyle performance coach, Dai Manuel, we talk about how the quality of your decisions affects the quality of your business and life.
We discuss how to make decisions easier because most of the time they truly don’t require a lot of time and energy.
How to Cure Overthinking and Indecision
Here is a summary of the 8 tips for avoiding indecision and overthinking mentioned in the video interview.
1. How to establish your why and find your purpose. Knowing your purpose helps the best decisions become more obvious and easier to make quickly.
2. Practice logical decision making based on thoughtful analysis. Can we make decisions without emotion? Yes, of course!
Unfortunately, many people make decisions based on emotion and then use logic to justify the decision. Look at all the facts objectively before moving forward.
3. How to become a good business planner. Plan your day, week, month, business quarter, and year in advance.
Review your plan for the next day the night before. Stick with your decisions by doing your thinking at night and execute them during the day.
4. How to set deadlines for yourself. You can avoid taking longer than necessary to make a good decision by creating self-imposed deadlines.
5. Identify your values in decision making. Decisions are made faster and easier when you check them to see if they align with what matters most to you.
6. What to do if you are indecisive. If you are torn between two choices, neither option may really be better. Both are probably good and viable so flip a coin move on.
7. How fear affects decision making. Why do I hesitate to do things? Think about what is holding you back and how to deal with it differently.
What is the worst that could happen and is that truly the end of the world? What if it all works out for me in a better way?
8. How to let go of procrastination and perfectionism. Perfection leads to procrastination, paralysis, and indecision.
Focus on making progress through the process of reaching your goals. Find joy in the journey get your life and business back again.
Get More Motivation To Stop Overthinking
Dai Manuel is one of the happiest people I know and it was a real pleasure learning from him about how to be a decision-maker. I hope you enjoyed it too.
How do you avoid overthinking, indecision, procrastination, and perfectionism? Leave your best tips in the comments below.